WCES Chorus Goals for 2016-2017 set by chorus members.
**Voted on in 2010 by members and continued 2016-2017: 3 late arrivals to chorus rehearsals will result in a slip sent home to parents. If 2 slips are sent home regarding late arrivals, dismissal may need to be discussed. Participation in warmups at the beginning of rehearsal provides the member with information and vocal techniques needed in order to perform the music correct vocally with the other members of the chorus.
1. Be on time, have a good reason for tardy arrival
2. Use bathroom before rehearsal
3. Be respectful and follow directions, always participating
4. No one should be dismissed
5. Learn 2-3 songs
Every 2 months
1. Learn a minimum of 3 songs in 2 part harmony
2. Learn 1 song in 3 part harmony
3. Have movement added to a minimum of 1 song
4. Someone comments about us, hopefully positive!
By the end of the school year
1. Have 1 instrument added to a song
2. Learn 1 song in a different language
3. Be able to perform at least 12 songs
4. Be invited to another performance
5. Participate in a judged competition event by April 2017*
6. Have a great year!
*This goal was set by the director. All others were suggested and agreed upon at the first meeting by the chorus members this year.