2016 -2017 Student Council
Our 2016 -2017 Officers
Gracie Lowery - President
Emma Snipes - Vice President
Brandon Anderson - Correspondence Specialist
Amelia Tucelli - Spirit Commissioner
We meet on the 3rd Thursday of every month at noon in the media center. Our meeting is from 12-12:45. Students who have lunch at this time bring it to the meeting.
Next Meeting - Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Upcoming Meeting Dates- February 16, 2017, March 15, 2017, April 19, 2017.
May meeting date will be determined.
Each year our Student Council recognizes our Bus drivers during love the bus week. We have the students make cards and posters. We decorate a bulletin board with some posters that the kids make.
We are asking each grade level to bring something in
Love bus week coming up Feb 13/ Feb 16
Bring a bag of candy 3th grade student council representatives/ Due by Feb 10 - Making Valentine treats for our drivers.
Bring breakfast item - danish, donut, rolls, biscuits, juice- 4th grade student council representatives/ Feb 15
Bring Desserts - 5th grade student council representatives/ Feb 17 - to go with a lunch we would like to supply to our drivers on this day. We are asking if anyone works at a restauarant that would can donate a meal we greatly appreciate it.
Remember to bring a pen and paper to each meeting.
WCES Student Council Mission
The mission of West Clayton Student Council is to allow students to become responsible leaders within our community and promote the values that represent good character in all students.
Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship
As members of the West Clayton Elementary School Student Council, we pledge to:
- Serve as a source of communication between the student body and the faculty and administration of the school.
- Create a positive environment where we will show respect, kindness, and compassion towards others.
- Leading by example and taking responsibility that will enable us to make a difference and impact our school, community and country.
- Help others in our community in order to bring awareness about those less fortunate.
- We will actively engage in worthwhile projects that foster sharing, giving, and companionship to members in our school and community.